May 8, 2012
Filed under Photostory
Earth Week 2012 (April 23-27) on and around the Santa Monica College campus was tasty, educational and effective.
1. Club Grow President Dana Morgan serves fresh lemonade made from ingredients from the Organic Learning Garden at their Earth Day booth.
2. The EcoAction Club created a Pledge Tree. The tree gave students a chance to voice how they will make a postive impact on the environment.
3. Girl Scout Troop 4252 came all the way from Valencia to participate in the Nothin’ But Sand Cleanup on April 21, 2012. The cleanup was in collaboration with Heal the Bay and Whole Foods Market on the “Get Dirty Where You Live, Work & Play” Earth Day 2012 Initiative.
4. City Manager Rod Gould presented the SMC Big Blue Bus “Any Line, Any Time” program with the theme of bicycles and alternative transportation. The event featured eco-themed music and art, free food, eco-friendly art tent, and raffle.
5. Plastic Free SMC president Belinda Waymouth (left ) helps fellow club member Brandi Satterwhite (right) don the plastic “Bag Monster” suit which represents the average number of trash bags consumed by each American annually.